Stamps anyone?

So you want to mail a letter? First you need a stamp. I have never found any way of acquiring them other than going to the post office. In my town, nobody sells stamps. But the post office won't talk to you without an appointment. Yes, an appointment. You can't just stop by and use a vending machine. They don't have that. You have to go online and make an appointment which is never less than half a week away. You must arrive within a ten minute window or you missed your chance. So you come on time, wait, and then go to the service desk and deal with the grumpy, scowling Israeli clerk.

OK, so you got your stamps. If you took them home to say stick them on several letters, you now have to go back to the post office because there are no mail boxes in town and the postman surely isn't taking them from your house. Yes, you can only mail letters from the post office itself, at least in the town where I live. Since I don't have a car, I have to wait for the bus, or take the 10 minute walk to mail a letter. Sometimes, letters sit with me for weeks because I didn't have a chance to schelp to the post office.

This is episode 25 on the "they have all the modern conveniences" sham. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forget about reading and talking to people

It’s All About Power and Stuff

Stay where you are