Parents and Teachers

Has a nice ring to it, no? Parents and teachers. You picture love and concern. Not in Israel. I was talking to a teenage girl recently. She told me she can barely cope with the screaming of the teachers. Some of them yell every day, over the dumbest things. And they embarrass they kids, telling a 16 year old girl to go outside in the hall because she looked out the window, or fidgeted. Won't let them eat or drink. I get reports of meanness all the time.

A guy just told me, "I have been working with Israelis in the Cheder. Israelis. Oh my gosh. I'm not sure how these kids survive Israeli parents."

I guess that's how Israeli students deal with their teachers. They are used to the rough treatment from their parents.

Message to Americans, don't put your kids through this. They'll become angry and rude, just like Israelis. They might even become disturbed. Surely they'll hate school. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forget about reading and talking to people

It’s All About Power and Stuff

Stay where you are